A diamond is a girl’s best friend, and the first step to buying the perfect one is knowing what you’re looking for. Diamonds come in different colours, cuts, and weights — all of which affect their value. The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) has devised a rating system based on four Cs: cut, clarity, colour and carat weight. Across time, culture boundaries, and the gender divide, diamonds have inspired fascination worldwide.
If you want to buy a beautiful diamond jewelry set, then look no further, Maaya Fine Jewels is one of the best jewelry stores in New jersey. Though buying a diamond may seem easy, there are some tips that can help make your purchase more enjoyable and successful.
1. Diamonds are expensive. So, before you buy a diamond, make sure you can afford it. Use a budget calculator to figure out how much you can spend on a diamond ring and review diamond prices to see how much you can afford. Then, be sure to start looking for a ring that fits your budget and your partner's style. Diamonds are expensive, but diamonds aren’t everything.
2. If you're searching for a timeless and elegant engagement ring, consider a lab-created diamond. Made from 100% real carbon atoms, these gems are virtually indistinguishable from mined diamonds — the only difference is they cost about 30% less. While diamonds are perhaps the most traditional ring stones, other gemstones such as sapphire, ruby, and emeralds make beautiful engagement rings. They're durable enough for daily wear and absolutely beautiful in their own right — especially if you prefer a more unique setting.
3. When buying a diamond, you should always request a grading report from an internationally recognized laboratory like the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or American Gem Society (AGS). A grading report will tell you a lot about a stone's quality, but for a quick assessment, look for the Four Cs: cut, clarity, color, and carat. When you’re searching for the perfect diamond, make sure to carefully consider its cut with similar scrutiny as you would color and clarity. A well-cut diamond will make any imperfections in a stone look less obvious.
4. There is a huge difference between diamonds of different shapes. Every diamond shape has its own unique set of characteristics that can determine how it can be used in designs and in jewelry.
5. Both the clarity and color of a diamond have a letter grade. These grades can range from D to SI2, with D being the lowest and SI2 being the highest of the two. The specific grades are considered flawless (D-F) and near flawless (G-J).
6. The safest way to protect the value of your diamond is to purchase a diamond with a certificate. A certificate guarantees a diamond’s quality by identifying its cut, color, clarity, and weight. Certified diamonds are more valuable than diamonds without this certification, because it protects the investment of the buyer. We advise all customers to buy a diamond with a certificate.
In this article, we've given you a number of tips to choose the best diamond jewelry set for your loved ones. If you're looking for a beautiful diamond set, it's a good idea to visit Maaya Fine Jewels, one of the best jewelry stores in New Jersey with a wide range of high-quality stones. These gems are virtually indistinguishable from mined diamonds, the difference is in their price.